Do you ever look at your life and think you wish you could go back and tell a younger you how good they’ve got it? Don’t get me wrong I love being a parent blah blah but I don’t love being tired all the time or having to always be ‘on’.
What I wouldn’t give to be 18 again, even for a day! The longer I thought about this all (after settling Luisa for the third time at 00.08 over a bowl of cinnamon grahams) I decided to write a post with some advice for my 18 year old self. Because sleep is for the weak clearly!
- Go to sleep. There’s no reason to rewatch all of Scrubs until 3am, it’ll still be there tomorrow.
- Dominos is a rip off. Go to Tesco lazy bones.
- Pink hair is always a good idea.
- Don’t get a credit card. You have all of your life to accumulate crippling debt, why start now?
- Don’t stop reading.
- Visit your grandparents more. You’ll miss them.
- Stop wearing shoes that give you blisters. It’s stupid.
- Never. Over. Pluck. Big brows are coming ‘in’ soon.
If you could go back in time what would you tell your younger self? Do you think you’d listen or would you roll your eyes at that ‘old’ 27 YO who won’t just let you live?