If you’ve seen my social media recently you’ll know that today, May 12th, is Luisa’s big day. I know everyone says this but I have no idea where the last year has gone. Sometimes I can still hardly believe she’s really here so I don’t know how I’ll wrap my head around the fact that she’s a real live 1 year old!
In an effort to distract myself from having a meltdown I’ve put together a little first birthday gift guide. Hopefully this will give you a few ideas for your own little ones birthday or even a friend or family member. A few of the items I’ve included are actually L’s presents, bonus points if you can guess which ones.
- This gorgeous cord rocking horse is from I Just Love It and costs £39.99. This handsome chap is suitable from 12 months though I’m sure a lot of supervision is required in the early days! I think it would also be a lovely keepsake after it’s been outgrown.
- I came across these super cute ice-cream rattles by The Fox in The Attic while browsing Not On The Highstreet. The designs are original water colour illustrations, they also have cacti designs if you prefer. The rattles cost £12.
- The Hape xylophone costs £12.99 from Babipur. I really like it because it’s made of chunky wood and so not only is it really tactile but it will last a long time.
- I found this ELC wooden activity table on the Mothercare website priced at £40. I think it’s really sweet with the bold colours and cute animals. There are a lot of different elements which should keep baby entertained for a while. Another bonus is that there’s a storage net underneath for extra toys.
- Luisa actually already has these stunning blocks with her own details personalised onto them. My parents bought her them for Christmas this year from Not on The Highstreet. They are my absolute favourite keepsake item she has, even Matt felt a bit misty eyed when he read the sweet inscriptions my Mum picked out. They’re not exactly cheap at £5 per block but they are honestly beautiful.
- Surely every little girl needs a bit of Disney on her birthday? Merida from Brave is one of my favourite characters and, hopefully, Luisa will love her in the future too. I found it quite difficult to get my hands on her but we eventually found one on Amazon for £19.99
- Another personalised/keepsake type item I really like is this comb & brush set from I Just Love It. You can add any name onto the wooden brush, personalisation is included in the £16.99 price tag.
Hopefully you liked my first birthday gift guide and found some of the suggestions useful. To be honest I’ve found it really hard to pick out anything for Luisa as she’s been so generously showered with gifts by everyone all year wrong she really doesn’t need anything. One thing I did mention to my family that would be handy is vests and babygrows in a bigger size, hopefully that pans out!
If you want to find out whether you guessed which items Lu will actually be receiving I’m sure you’ll spot them on Instagram at some point over the next few days.