As we’re moving to Belfast over Halloween this year unfortunately we aren’t able to celebrate it in our usual fashion. For the last 6 or so years Matt and I have always had a big party with lots of elabourate decor and intricate costumes. To dull the pain I’m already turning my thoughts to Christmas which – fingers crossed – we’ll be celebrating in our new house.
This year will of course be Luisas first Christmas and I’m so excited to see her little face enjoying all the lights and attention. Of course she won’t be too fussed about presents and there’s every chance that she’ll be scared of santa and have an exploding nappy on the big day but I still can’t wait.
If like me you’re itching for it to be acceptable to get in the Christmas Spirit or if you’re a scrouge who needs a helping hand have a look at my tips for feeling festive.
- Visit a nice garden center or department store to look at their displays – my favourites are John Lewis & Jenners
- Make your Christmas wish list and start dropping major hints now
- Start the search for the perfect ugly jumper
- Think about your Christmas card list and pull peoples addresses together
- Have a gander on Pinterest for inspiration
- Plan ahead if you’re doing Christmas a family/kids photo for the old people in your life
- Order any handmade or bespoke gifts now, the clock is ticking!
- Get onboard with the sugary drinks of the season #redcupsarecoming
- Declutter now and donate to local charities – tis the season
- Most importantly — Assemble the real Christmas Spirt
Keep an eye out for lots more Christmas posts coming very soon including a gift guide with a brilliant giveaway and my contrbutions to the exciting #12daysofparenting blog hop.