TGIF!? More like TFIF but my mum is probably reading this so we’ll stick with God.
This has been long hard week. To be honest the fact that it’s Friday and the weekend is almost upon us doesn’t really change a thing. Fair enough Matt is off work but Luisa is still dependent on me for virtually everything so I’ll not be having a break. Still the ‘friday feeling’ sentiment makes me feel a little better even if it is a farce. I’m calling this week done.
In no particular order here are some of the things that have happened this week that have made me want to slam my head against the wall.
- Luisa has the cold. Therefore everything is covered in snot.
- Luisa is teething which means she’s not sleeping. She’s been having 1 nap for about an hour and that’s it. At night she goes for an hour and a half at best.
- Because she isn’t getting enough sleep she’s grumpy and exhausted.
- I am also grumpy and exhausted. Can you tell?
- Our washing machine lost its mind and flooded the shop beneath us. Cue an invasion of tradesmen.
- The postman has decided I no longer need / deserve my post.
- Luisa is getting more into weaning which is great until you have to deal with unpredictable exploding nappies. I’d like to see 007 defuse this shit.
- The aforementioned tradesmen dwelling below smoke weed with every other cup of tea which is stinking out my house.
Thanks to all of the above combined I don’t think I’ve actually left the house in 4 days. Except to attend my disappointing Slimming World weigh in.
Sorry for the rant but I feel better already. Even if I am sat in snotty unmatched pyjamas with a birds nest on my head. I do know that this will all pass & Lu isn’t to blame, before anyone thinks otherwise!
It’s Friday folks, pass the wine.
Oh wait, I’m on a diet.